What are the laws regarding marijuana purchases and usage in Washington State?
- Only adults 21 and older can purchase & possess marijuana.
- Marijuana can only be sold and purchased at state-licensed retail stores. A valid photo ID is required and no one under the age of 21 is allowed on the retail premises. (NOTE: purchases are cash only)
- You cannot possess more than 28 grams of flower, 448 grams of edibles, 2 liters of liquid and 7 grams of marijuana concentrates.
- Resale is prohibited and it is illegal to provide marijuana to anyone under the age of 18.
- It is illegal to consume marijuana in public view.
- It is illegal to take marijuana out of Washington - even to other states that allow possession.
- NOTE: We do not recommend that people new to marijuana consume marijuana-infused food or drink because it takes longer to take effect and people often mistakenly believe it is not working when in fact it hasn't taken effect yet. The high lasts longer and is more difficult to dose compared to vaporizing.